How to Delete an Email Address¶
You can delete an existing email address and its associated inbox in your account admin. By deleting an existing mailbox you will free up a slot for a new mailbox.
If you want to delete all the existing email messages in a mailbox but keep the same email address you can use the purge function.
Deleting the mailbox and the associated email address will also delete all the email in the mailbox.
To delete an email inbox follow these steps:
- Log in to your Gandi account.
- Select “Domains” in the left menu.
- Select the domain associated with the email you wish to modify.
- Select the “Email” tab.
- Select the pen icon next to the desired email address.
- Select “Delete”.
- Confirm that you want to delete the mailbox by clicking “Delete.”
- In a few moments your mailbox and the associated email address will be deleted.
If you have deleted your email in error, contact our support team immediately. For some customers, we may be able to recover lost emails within a short period after the deletion.