How to Use Tools in the Gandi Interface to Organize Your Domains¶
When viewing the list of domains you manage you can display the list in table view or list view. Table view and list view both have some additional options that make them a particularly useful organizational tool for resellers. You can switch between table view and list view follow these steps:
- Log into your Gandi account.
- Select “Domain” from the left menu.
- Next to the search bar click the button that says “Table view.” If the “Table view” button is dark blue then you are in table view.
List View is the simpler of the two views. While it has less options, it is easier to use. Some of the things you can do in list view are:
- Renew domains with a single click.
- View domains by organization by selecting an organization from the “Organization” drop down menu.
- Sort by expiration date or alphabetically by clicking the options next to “Sort By.”
Table view is more complex to use, but displays more information and has more options. The following sections explain how to use these features.
Search filters allow you to display only domains that match certain criteria. You can add search filters by clicking “Filters” next to the search bar.
Search options include: - Extension - Organization - Tag - Owner - Expiration date - Transfer lock stuatus - Nameservers type - Expiration date (specify date range)
Once you have entered your search options you will see the list of domains which match that criteria. Select “Clear all” to remove all of the search filters.
Configuration templates allow you to save DNS records, nameserver settings, and email options and apply them to any chosen domain name. Configuration templates are another tool that are especially useful for resellers, or anyone who manages a large number of domain names. You can read more about them here.