Configuration templates are a great way for you to create and save specific settings for your domains at Gandi, and apply them in bulk, by default, or for specific operations.
How to access your templates¶
There are a couple ways that you can access your configuration template. You can do so either directly from your list of domains, or when you are placing an order.
From the domain list page¶
When viewing your list of domains in “table view”, select one or more domain names by checking the box to the left of them.
This will bring up an options bar at the bottom of the page. Clicking the “Configure” button will take you to the template configuration page.
During the order process¶
During the second step (“shopping cart”), we display the template that will be used for the domains.
By default, we leave the template as-is (ex. Gandi’s default configuration for creations, and leaving them unchanged for incoming transfers), unless you have changed the default preference already.
However, by clicking on the “change” link that you see on the right of the name of the configuration template that will be applied to the domains, you can access the page where you can change the configuration.
What you can do with templates¶
Select a configuration¶
You can choose to use:
- No change to the configuration: In the event of domain name transfers, this will keep the current settings. WARNING Chosing this may cause your domain to be offline if your old registrar or web host stops DNS service when your domain leaves them.
- Gandi’s default configuration: to be sure that your domain names include everything they need to work with our services
- + Create a new configuration: this option allows you to make a custom settings template that you can save and use when you want
- an existing configuration template that you made and saved earlier, by choosing its name from the list
To make and save your own custom domain name configuration template:
- Choose a name for your configuration: This will let you find it again later if you want to reuse it
- Nameservers: Choose to use Gandi’s LiveDNS, or custom nameservers as you wish
- DNS Records: If you are using Gandi’s LiveDNS, you have the choice of either using Gandi’s DNS records, or you can specify your own, by clicking on Custom.
Use as a default¶
By checking the box “Apply this configuration to my future purchases”, next time you perform a domain name registration or transfer, we will offer the template you have just created or chosen by default in your shopping cart.
You can change it later by clicking on “change” in your shopping cart.