How to Manage Many Domains at Once in Table View¶
Using the table view in your account you can manage many domains with a single click. This is especially useful for users with a large portfolio of domain names.
Get to Table View¶
To find table view, follow these steps:
- After logging in, click “Domain” in the left navigation menu.
- Next to the search bar click the button that says “Table view.” If the button is dark blue you are already in table view.
Select Multiple Domains¶
In table view you will see a checkbox next to each domain. You can click on each checkbox to select the domains you want to edit.
If you want to edit all domains at once click on the empty checkbox in the top of the table, next to the label “Domain.”
Narrow Your List Using Search Filters¶
You can also use search filters to limit your domain list to only domains that fit certain criteria.
To do this, select “Filters” next to the search bar. Then, enter your desired criteria.
Search filter options include:
- Organization - Limit the list to only domains managed by a specific Gandi organization.
- Owner & Contacts - Limit the list to only domains owned by a specific individual, or by a specific contact on a domain.
- Extensions - Limit the list to only domains with a specific extension, such as .com.
- Expires - Limit the list to only domains that expire within a set amount of time. You can choose from three presets; next 30 days, next 60 days, or next 90 days. Or, you can enter a specific date range in the “From” and “To” fields.
- Tags - Limit the list to only domains with a specific tag.
- Transfer Lock - Limit the list to only domains that have transfer lock enabled or disabled.
- Nameservers Type - Limit the list to only domains using a specific type of nameservers.
- Premium DNS - Limit the list to only domains which do or do not have a Premium DNS subscription.
- Automatic Renewal - Limit the list to only domains that have enabled or disabled automatic renewal.
Once you have applied your search options you can click the checkbox in the title row of the list, next to “Domain,” to select all the domains that meet that criteria.
Apply Bulk Actions¶
Once you have selected all the domains you want to manage, you can choose the action you want to perform on all selected domains.
A dialog will appear at the bottom of the page with the options available. Follow the links below to learn about each option.
- Renew - Renew the selected domains.
- Automatic Renewal - Manage automatic renewal options.
- Quickshare - Share with a specific contact.
- Manage Tags - Add or remove tags.
- Apply a configuration - Apply a configuration template.
- Transfer Protection - Set or remove transfer lock.
- Export - Export data for selected domains. You can select DNS records or all other data.
- Update Contacts - Make changes to the official contacts listed for the domains.
- Change Owner - Change the legal owner listed for the domain.
If you select the “Restorable” tab at the top of the page you can also use the same process to restore many domains at once.