Domain Creation Followup¶
There are a series of steps that domains go through before they are created.
The following steps describes the process of registering a new domain name. These steps can be done very quickly, or may take some time, depending on the details of your particular order.
Details for each step are provided below.
- Start the creation process
- Wait for the registry
- Provisioning with Gandi Services
- Domain created
The order will not be complete until we have received payment. This may take some time depending on your method of payment. You can check on the status of your order following these steps:
- After logging in, select “Billing” from the left menu.
- Select the organization you used when placing the order.
- Select the “Orders” tab to see a list of all the orders made by this organization.
- Select the order you wish to view.
If your order has not yet been paid, you have the possibility of cancelling it online (for example, if you want to change the payment means).
4. Provisioning with Gandi Services¶
During this step, we are in the process of compliling all the domain name information and sending it to the registry. I
If your order is stuck in this phase, it is likely due to the following:
- Corporate extension: please wait 3 days following your order. These are handled manually in some cases, and so the processing time is longer. If, after 3 days, your order is still stuck, please contact customer support.
- A Registry Error: our specialized Proactive team does their best to fix these errors within 1 day. If your order is still stuck in this period for more than 1 day, please contact customer support.