Changing Your Email Address¶
The following sections describe how to update your email addresses at Gandi.
Each individual has a security email attached to their individual account. This email is the one listed in the account settings page and is used for things like password resets and account verification. For privacy and security reasons, this email can only be changed by the user of the account.
In each organization you can also have a different email listed. This email is used for most communications about the products on the account. Unlike the security email, this account email can be changed by anyone who has been added to a team and has been granted the correct permissions. This allows team members to change the email for some notifications, for example, without having the ability to change vital information on the primary user’s account.
These steps will change the email where most of your messages will be sent. Anyone in the organization with sufficient permissions can change the organization email.
- Log in and go to the “Organizations” section.
- Select the organization you wish to update from the list.
- Under “Other information” click “Edit.”
- Replace the contents of the “Email” field with the new email address.
- If the email address is also used as a domain contact for one or more domains, you will be asked if you also want to update the email address for those domain contacts, or only update the email for the organization itself. Select which option you prefer.
- If you choose to update the domain contacts you will also be asked to authorize Gandi as a “Designated Agent” according to ICANN regulations. This means that you allow Gandi to update your domain contacts in this one instance. If you approve, check the box.
- Click “Confirm” to complete the change.
- Following your email change, we will send you an email with the subject “[GANDI] Verification of your email address”. You may receive multiple emails if you have also changed the email for one or more domain contacts. Click on the link in one of these emails to confirm the change. A failure to verify your email may lead to some domains being placed on hold.
These steps will change the security email associated with your individual account where password resets are sent. For security and privacy reasons, only the account holder can change this email.
- To access your user settings click on your username in the top right corner of the page. Select “User Settings” from the drop down menu.
- In the user settings screen click on “Manage user account and security settings.”
- Click “Edit” next to “Account information”.
- Change the email address in the following form.
- Click “Save” to submit the change.
You must click on the link in the verification email to confirm your security email within seven days or your account will be blocked.
If you need to change the email listed on your account and you do not have direct access to your account for any reason, use this
email change form to request that the email be changed.
When you forget a password, a password change link will be sent to the security email on your account. If you have forgotten your password and you no longer have access to the email listed on the account, you can use the above form to request that the email address be updated. You can then request a password change and the email will be sent to the updated email on your account.
Once you have submitted this form, we will send confirmation emails to both the old and new emails listed. Please allow at least 24 hours after sending in the form for us to verify your claim.