Frequent Questions: Account Management¶
- Can I change the first and last name linked to my username or account?
- Forget your username or password?
- How can I deactivate TOTP, U2F, or IP restriction?
- I get an error telling me my email address is already used, help!
- What is the correct postal code format?
- How can I change the language of my account?
- My new account is not compatible with my handle, why?
- How do I clear my cache and/or cookies?
If you forgot your username or password you can click on “Forgot Username or Password?” on the login page to reset your password. You will be asked to provide an email address. We will then send an email containing your username and a link to reset your password to that email.
To reset your password you must use the security email associated with your account. To read more about your security email please go here.
Did you loose access to your 2FA-device, or need your IP restriction removed but are locked out?
Please fill out
this form and send it to Gandi, along with the required proof of ID as specified in the form’s instructions.
An email address can only be used for one user account in Gandi V5. If you try to make a new account from your old Gandi handle, and it tells you that the email address is already in use, you have two options:
- If the given and family names are identical between the two accounts we will ask automatically if you want to import the handle into the existing user’s account. This will effectively merge the two, so you can manage the products of both from the first username.
- If the name is not the same between the two accounts you will need to change the email address of either the existing username from the Gandi V5 interface, or the email address on the Gandi handle of the 2nd account. Two accounts that do not share the given and family names cannot be merged.
The format of the postcode can vary according to the country, and must adhere to international rules. The rules are available here.
To change the language of your account go to Gandi’s main page, click the drop down arrow next to the language code in the upper left corner of the page, and select the language that you want to use from the list. The language you choose from this drop down menu will override the language listed in your Gandi account.
When you attempt to merge a handle into a Gandi V5 account you may receive an error saying the accounts are not compatible. The following situations are the most likely cause for this error:
- Your handle corresponds to an individual (as opposed to a legal entity like a company, association or public body) with a different first name or last name than your Gandi v5 account. In this case, you will be asked to create a new account matching the handle’s information. If you want to manage all your products from one account, you may have to change the legal owner of some of your products.
- Both your handle and your Gandi v5 account have a billing history. If you have bought Gandi products with both of them, you will not be able to import your handle into your v5 account. This is to preserve any benefits you may have been granted from your previous purchases at Gandi. If you still want to import your handle, please contact customer care.