How to Set Up 2FA on Roundcube¶
The following page explains how to set up 2FA (two factor authentication) on Roundcube webmail.
To see a full explanation of how to secure your Gandi email see our guide on using 2FA with Gandi email.
To set up 2FA on Roundcube follow these steps:
- Make sure you have installed a 2FA app such as Google Authenticator on the device you will use as your 2FA advice. Usually this will be your mobile phone.
- Log in to the Roundcube webmail interface using your email address and email password. This is separate from the username and password of your Gandi account. If you have forgotten the password to your email you can reset it in your Gandi account.
- Click “Settings” near the the upper right hand corner of your screen.
- Click “2-Factor Authentication” in the left menu.
- Check “Fill all fields (make sure you click save to store all your settings)”.
- Scan the QR code to add Roundcube to your authentication app.
- Type in the current code shown in your authentication app into the “Check code” box.
- If the code is okay, click “Save”.
The recovery codes provided in Roundcube’s 2FA settings are not used by Gandi. Instead, visit Gandi Webmail Settings to set and record a single set of recovery codes for you Gandi email account.
You can find more webmail settings at Gandi Webmail Settings.