Frequent Questions: Domain Transfers¶
- I need to add/correct the transfer authorization code and relaunch the transfer
- I need to relaunch the transfer and resend the confirmation mails
- Where can I get my authorization code?
- How do I unlock my domain (remove the transfer protection)?
- What if my domain is with a reseller?
- I’m not receiving the verification email
- What if I change my mind?
If you need to relaunch a domain name transfer because:
- one or both of the owners did not reply before the deadline
- you need to resend the confirmation emails due to an email change
This is possible from the domain’s transfer progress page (that you can access from your domain admin page).
Scroll down to step 5, and click on the round-arrow relaunch icon next to the email address that did not answer yet.
We will then recheck the email addresses (if they changed) and will resend the confirmation mails, while simultaneously relaunching the transfer for free.
To unlock your domain for transfer away from Gandi, once you are in your domain’s administration page, click on “Transfer” in the navigation menu. This will bring up the page where you can get remove the protection by clicking on “Remove transfer lock” (see the image above).
If your domain name is managed by a reseller, you will need to see with their support team regarding this change, as they are the technical intermediary between you and Gandi.
They may be able to transfer your domain for you. Otherwise, you should ask them about ‘releasing’ your handle, which would allow you to log in to our site to manage your domain.
For some extension, after successfully completing the transfer process at the new registrar (eg. accepting their transfer in confirmation mails and providing them with the auth code), we will send a outgoing confirmation email to the domain’s owner with these details:
If you do not click the link in the emails, the transfer will be accepted automatically 5 days after it was launched successfully at the new registrar.