Owner Change Process¶
To change the owner of a domain name:
- Choose the domain name from your list, and then in the navigation menu choose “Domain Contacts”,
- You will see a box with the owner information and two buttons: “Edit” and “Change”. Click “Change”.
- Choose who the new owner will be:
- “ME”: to change the owner to yourself as an individual. The form will then be filled out with the information of your v5 personal account,
- “One of my organizations”: to change the owner to an organization that you own. The form will then be filled out with the information of that organization,
- “A third party”: to change the owner to someone else. In this case you need to fill out the form with the contact details of the new owner.
- “A customer”: this option is only available in reseller accounts, and allows resellers to change the contact to a customer.
At this point, we check to see if the new owner information meets registry rules for the domain’s ownership and we allow you to edit any missing or invalid information before continuing to checkout.
After the owner change operation has been launched, we send 2 confirmation emails that must be confirmed within 15 days:
- Confirmation email to the current owner contact
- Confirmation email to the new owner
Once these have been confirmed, both parties will get a final email confirming the owner change, as will the former v5 owner user, if the email address was different than the owner contact’s.
The owner must accept a final invitation email before the domain will be visible in their list of domains.
After the new and old owners confirm the owner change, another email is sent to the new owner asking them if they want to import the domain to an existing account with the same name and email address by logging into it or make a new account.
Once done, the domain will then be made available to the existing or new account.