Owner Change - Special Procedures¶
For most extensions, you can start the process to move a domain from one owner to another through your account. However, it is not possible to change the owner online for some extensions, including many country-code (ccTLD) extensions.
If you get a message saying that you cannot change the owner of your domain name online, please fill out the
owner change form and send it to our support team, along with the necessary proof of ID. Our support team will then help you through the process.
Special Procedures for .be Domains¶
The owner change for .be domains is as follows:
- Launch the change owner operation on Gandi’s website following the standard procedure.
- Gandi will send the new owner and the old owner an authorization email.
- When Gandi has gotten the confirmation from both the new and the old owners, we will inform the registry of the request. At this point the operation will be in “error” at Gandi. The registry will then email an authorization code to the former owner of the domain.
- The former owner should then contact Gandi support and provide the authorization code to confirm the change.
- Our support team will then continue the owner change with the code provided.