Create or Duplicate a Volume¶
To create a volume on a Gandi Cloud server, use the following steps. You can duplicate a volume by choosing “Create from existing volume” during the creation process.
- After logging in, click “Cloud” from the left menu.
- Click on the name of the server where you wish to create the volume.
- Click on the “Volumes” tab.
- Click the green “Create” button.
- Select whether you want to “Create from scratch”, “Create from an existing volume,” or “Create from a snapshot.” If you choose to create from scratch, you will create a totally new volume. Choosing to create from an existing volume will create a copy of the chosen volume. Creating from a snapshot will allow you to create a volume based on a snapshot stored for an existing volume.
- Enter a name for your volume.
- Choose which server to attach the volume to.
- Choose the datacenter location for your volume.
- Choose the size of your volume using “+” and “-” buttons.
- Under “Volume cost” check to see how much the new volume will cost.
- Agree to the cloud service conditions by checking the box.
- Click “Create.”