Special Transfer Processes¶
Some extensions have special transfer procedures or additional steps that need to be taken into consideration when launching a transfer to Gandi.
If the owner information for the domain at the registry is different than your handle at Gandi, our system will automatically create a new handle for the domain’s owner. You should therefore take care to double check this.
You can request the code from the registry directly from their website, before you start the process at Gandi, at http://www.dns.be from the bottom of their results page after you look up your domain in their whois.
- Launch the transfer operation on Gandi’s website and enter the authorization code you obtained via the registry
- Follow the instructions as indicated on our website.
The transfer of the domain name is launched at Gandi, and then the registry sends an email to the administrative contact, who must accept or refuse the transfer within 10 days by using the link in the mail. If no confirmation is provided in that period it is automatically cancelled, but in this case can be relaunched for free if you want to try again.
This type of transfer works with the authorization code obtained from the current registrar. Once the code has been validated, the AFNIC registry sends an email to the current registrar.
This email serves to notify the current (losing) registrar of the transfer. If it is validated by the registrar, the domain is transferred almost immediately. If it is not validated by the registrar (no action taken), the domain is automatically transferred after 8 days. If the registrar responds with a refusal, the domain is transferred within 22 days, giving all protagonists time to settle the dispute.
If the owner you indicate during transfer OP is not the same as the current owner listed with the registry, we will then make an owner change. To do that the current and new owners will have to confirm the email sent by Gandi. After we receive the confirmation of the 2 parties, the transfer and change owner operations will be finalized in our database, and the new owner will then be able to manage the domain at Gandi.
- Update the domain’s IPS tag at your current provider. Contact your current registrar and request that the IPS tag of your domain be changed to: “GANDI”
- Within 5 days submit a transfer request to Gandi. To do this, go to https://shop.gandi.net/domain/transfer and, after logging in, launch the transfer request of the domain name.
- Confirm the transfer using the link Gandi will send to you via email.
If you wait more than 5 days to submit a transfer request with Gandi after changing the IPS tag then the IPS tag will be rejected. If this happens, you can request to change the IPS tag again and then submit a transfer request with Gandi.