Manage the Resources of GandiCloud VPS¶
GandiCloud VPS offers a high level of flexibility so you can adapt the resources to your needs. On this page we will details the different ways to manage the resources of your server (RAM/CPU, Storage).
To see a complete list of the possible configurations we currently offer, visit our public website.
The maximum size of a volume is 1TB.
Please note that it is not possible to decrease the size of a volume.
You have two ways to extend the size of a volume:
- Through the Gandi user interface.
- Through the command line interface (CLI).
Since Gandi VPS is currently prepaid, you will immediately be charged the amount needed to keep your server active until the next payment. You will only pay the cost of the additional space, since you will have already paid for the original size with your last payment.
Follow these steps to extend the volume through Gandi’s interface.
- After logging into your Gandi account, select “VPS” in the left navigation menu.
- Click on the “Volumes” tab.
- Find the volume you want to extend in the list and click the three dots icon next to it. Select the option, “Increase Size.”
- Choose the size that you want then click “Increase size”.
Be sure that your openstack CLI is configured correctly, and that you have installed the latest version (at least version 5.5.0).
First, find the openstack id of the volume that you want to extend by checking the volume list.
openstack volume list
To extend the size of a volume, you will have to use at least the version 3.42 of the Openstack API:
openstack --os-volume-api-version 3.42 volume set <your-volume-id> --size <size-in-GB>