Create a Server¶
It takes under a minute to create your server, and you can start to install your applications almost immediately.
To create a new server follow these steps:
- After logging in, click “Cloud” in the left menu.
- Click “Create a Server.”
- Select the size for your new server.
- Choose the datacenter location for your new server.
- Choose the operating system for your server. Options include the latest stable releases of Debian, CentOS, Ubuntu, and Free BSD.
- Click “Next” at the bottom of the page.
- Choose a name for your server.
- Choose a password for the superuser account.
- You can toggle “Advanced settings” if you want to choose a superuser account name and an SSH key. Or, you can continue with just the basic settings.
- Click “Next” to go to the confirmation screen.
- If you have other cloud resources and existing cloud credit then on the confirmation screen you can choose how to manage the increased cost in relation to the expiration date of your existing resources.
- “Take from Cloud Credit” - This will use only use existing cloud credit and automatically adjust the expiration date to the time covered by the current cloud credit.
- “Pay to cover the new cost” - This will charge you for the additional cloud credit needed to keep the current expiration date.
- “Adjust expiration date” - This will allow you to specify your own expiration date. You will be charged for any additional cloud credit needed to reach the specified date.
- Check the box to accept the “Cloud Service Conditions”.
- Click the button with the green arrow at the bottom of the screen to proceed. Depending on whether this is your first order, and what options you chose for billing, you will either create the server immediately or enter the checkout process to finish payment. Once your order is complete and any required payment has been made your server will be created.