Do I pay VAT on my order?¶
Only Gandi accounts/organizations with an address in the European Union, Great Britain, or Taiwan are charged the VAT. USA and the rest of the World are not charged the VAT.
If your company or organization is located in the European Union, but not in France or Luxembourg, and you do not want to be charged the VAT, indicate your intra-community VAT number in your account details.
To be taken into account, the VAT number must include the country code (BE, FR, etc.) and a series of numbers without any separators or spaces. Failing to respect this format, your country’s VAT rate will be used for your orders. For those with a European Union VAT number, you can check if your number is valid on this page.
You will be charged 20% if you are:
- An individual living in France
- A company or organization located in France
You will be charged 5% if you are:
- An individual living in Taiwan
- A company or organization located in Taiwan
You will be charged your country’s VAT rate if you are:
- An individual living in the European Union or United Kingdom
- A company or organization located in the European Union or United Kingdom and without an intra-community VAT number
- If you have not indicated your intra-community VAT number (see below for instructions on adding this to your account)
The VAT is not charged if you are:
- An individual living outside the European Union
- A company or organization located outside the European Union
- A company or organization located in the European Union (except France or Luxembourg) or the United Kingdom and you have correctly added your intra-community VAT number to your Gandi organization
If your account is in a region that uses VAT numbers you can add your VAT number to your account using the following steps.
Your VAT number must include the country code (BE, GB, etc.) and a series of numbers without any separators or spaces.
- After logging in to your account, click “Organizations” from the left menu.
- Click on the name of the organization you want to edit.
- Click Edit under Postal address or Other information. Both buttons will bring up the same form.
- Scroll down until you reach the field labeled “VAT Number.”
- Type in the VAT number, making sure you include only the country code (BE, GB, etc.) and a series of numbers without any separators or spaces.
- Click “Save” at the bottom of the form.
If you have trouble adding a VAT number please contact our support team.
Domains using Spain’s country code extension .es that are registered for self-employed individuals require the owner to be listed as an individual. This requires owners of .es domains who are self-employed to only use their individual account as owner.
These individuals can also gain exemption from the VAT by creating an organization for their business with their VAT number, then listing this organization as the billing contact for the domain.