Automatically Install an SSL Certificate on Your Instance¶
Gandi’s Standard 1 address SSL certificates are free for Simple Hosting. This provides you with an https address for your site hosted on your simple hosting instance, and it will remain free whether or not your domain is registered at Gandi.
To be able to make use of the automatic installation, you need to be sure that you have:
- A Small+ or greater instance size.
- Created the “site” corresponding to your website to secure.
- Linked your instance to the domain name.
You can then install the SSL certificate following these steps:
- After logging in, click “Simple Hosting” in the left navigation menu.
- Click on the name of the instance you want to manage.
- Click on the “Sites” tab.
- Click the green arrow next to the site you want to secure.
- Click “Generate a Free SSL Certificate.”