Apps Available for Automatic Installation¶
Gandi offers the ability to install several apps automatically onto an existing simple hosting instance. These apps were created by and are supported by third party organizations, but for your convenience Gandi makes it easy to install them onto a Gandi Simple Hosting instance.
The following apps are available through Gandi for installation on a simple hosting instance. These apps are built and supported by third party organizations and Gandi makes them available for your convenience.
If you plan to use one of these apps the instance you create must meet the minimum standards listed in the table below.
|WordPress||The world’s most popular content management system, with an extensive selection of themes and plugins.||PHP 7.2 or higher, MySQL (all versions)|
|Prestashop||A content management system specifically designed for e-commerce websites.||PHP 7.2 or higher, MySQL 5.6 or higher|
|Nextcloud||An app that allows you to create a self-managed cloud storage solution for your business.||Size M instance or larger, PHP 7.2 and 7.3 (not 7.4), MySQL (all versions)|
|Matomo||An app for tracking traffic on websites.||PHP 7.2 or higher, MySQL 5.7 or higher|
|Grav||A content management system that does not require the use of a database.||PHP 7.2 or higher|
Some apps you can also buy a Gandi Simple Hosting instance with the app already installed. To purchase one of these, follow the links below:
If you do not already have a simple hosting instance, you will need to set one up.
Next, you will create a site on the instance where you will use the app. To do this you will need an address you will use for your app. You can use a unique domain name you have purchased, or you can create a subdomain on a domain you already own.
Each address (subdomain.example.com) can only host one app. You can use a different subdomain on the same domain name, such as nextcloud.example.com, but you cannot install two apps on the same subdomain.
To install these apps you can then follow these steps:
- After logging in, click “Simple Hosting”” in the left navigation menu.
- Click on the name of the instance.
- Click on the name of the site you created for the app.
- Click “Install” next to the app you wish to install. If the app you want to install isn’t listed the instance may not be compatible with that app. You may need to create a new instance with the appropriate language, database, and size settings.
- Visit the site you created by typing the address into the address bar of your browser.
- Follow the instructions to complete installation of your app.
We also have additional tips for working with some of these apps, which you can find below: