Why can’t I send email?¶
There are some common reasons why you might be having problems sending email:
- Incorrect email settings: See the settings you need to use here
- Wrong username: when you set up you email client or log into webmail, the username in this context is the full email address.
- Typo in the password: Check this by trying to log into the webmail. If it rejects your password, your password is wrong and you need to update it from your GandiMail mailbox admin.
- The domain name has expired: Email only works if the domain is active. You can check this from the domain’s admin on our website, and renew from there if necessary.
If you have an error message see our detailed break down of error messages.
If you have checked all of the above, and continue to have problems, please contact Gandi Support for help with your problem.
So that we can examine your case more efficiently, please also be sure to include:
- The domain(s) concerned
- E-mail application used, or whether the question is about Webmail
- Settings you are using (do not divulge your password)
- Whether your are using POP or IMAP
- Context of the problem
- Any error messages encountered