Documents for a Pro Certificate¶
Before issuing a certificate, Sectigo, our partnering Certificate Authority, is required by industry standard to verify your identity and contact information using both documents you send and publicly listed information. Therefore, you should both send in the necessary documents and check public listings of your company’s contact information to make sure they are up to date.
After you have provided the needed documents there is also a phone verification process used to validate your identity.
Since the validation process does take time, we recommend that you start any certificate renewals at least 15 days before the expiration of the previous SSL certificate.
Sectigo is required to use information listed on third party sites to verify your information. Most commonly, Sectigo uses information listed in the Dun and Bradstreet database as the source of public information. Therefore, we recommend checking this database to make sure your information is present and up to date. This includes:
- The name of the company, association, or public body
- The name of the legal representative
- The telephone number associated with your adminstering Gandi account, usually your business account.
The information listed in Dun and Bradstreet should match the information you provide to Sectigo.
The following documents are needed to validate your Pro certificate:
- A certificate of incorporation or other legal proof of your company’s registration, delivered from the appropriate authority in your country.
- A legal photo ID or valid passport of the contact person for the company listed on the above documents.
- If you are registering for an association, the association’s registration from the public agency that manages such registrations in your country.
If you are unsure about what documents to send, please feel free to contact our support team.
For Pro certificates, there is a final step which involves a telephone call. You will receive an email with a link and a numeric code. When you click on the link you will receive an automated call to your publicly listed phone number, and you will then dial in the numeric code in the email during the phone call.
The call is automatic, so it is not possible for it to go through a switchboard. We recommend that you make sure the phone number listed for you in Dun and Bradstreet is a direct number, at least temporarily. It may be possible to request a manual call, but this will slow down the validation of your certificate.