Frequent Questions: Simple Hosting - sFTP¶
- What if I can’t remember my sFTP password?
- The sFTP link isn’t working!
- How can I connect to FTP on my instance?
- How and where do I upload files to my instance?
- I transferred my files to my instance, but I still see the default message “It works!” on my website. Why?
- SFTP signatures for Gandi Simple Hosting instances
The password for your Control Panel and sFTP access is the same, and can be changed from the “Security” tab on your instance’s management page in your account.
You can’t; FTP is not supported. You must use a compatible sFTP client.
Upload your files with sFTP into the
htdocs/ folder located int he directory name for your site, under
I transferred my files to my instance, but I still see the default message “It works!” on my website. Why?¶
When your virtual host was created, the system added an
index.html file in the directory
htdocs/. This is the file that displays the “It works!” message. Just delete or replace this file, so if your index file is called
index.php, for example, it will then be recognized as the index file for your host.
The key fingerprint will have the following signature, whether your instance is hosted in our Paris or Luxembourg datacenter:
2048 35:e0:5a:a9:54:12:55:6b:ce:41:8c:c1:9e:35:1d:f6 (RSA)
1024 80:c7:a8:05:dc:79:92:f1:9c:b7:61:46:a7:ad:2d:f7 (DSA)
521 f1:93:f8:eb:5e:b1:90:e7:1d:5e:39:d5:34:43:9f:cb paas_id_ecdsa.pub (ECDSA)
256 5a:f5:68:71:4b:86:b4:96:61:1c:5f:d9:b1:21:4f:31 paas_id_ed25519.pub (ED25519)