Easy Redirects give you a quick and easy way to redirect visitors to your page on social media from your domain name. What this means is that you can choose any word or phrase and pair it with your domain name (like “youtube.example.net” for example) to create an address that goes directly to your social media account.
For example, if you want to have an easy link to share with others to connect them to your facebook page you could set up “fb.example.com.” For people already familiar with your website, this address will be easy to remember.
Or, if you are a small business who only has a facebook page you could use your own chosen domain name to create an easy link to share with customers that puts greater emphasis on your own brand.
Easy Redirects currently have the following services:
How to Set Up an Easy Redirect¶
To set up an easy redirect, follow these steps:
- Log in to your account
- Go to the “Domains” section from the left menu.
- Click on the domain you want from the list.
- Select the “Marketplace” tab for that domain.
- Find the service you want to install and select “Install Service.”
- On the following page click “Install (name of service)”.
- Enter the word or phrase you want to use and the page of the account you want to link to.
- Click “Confirm.”
The change may take some time to become active as the new settings are updated across the network.