Change the Power of Your Instance¶
Every instance comes with 20GB of storage space, an unlimited number and size of databases, and unlimited bandwidth. More on this, as well as how to get a free trial, can be seen on our website at https://www.gandi.net/en/simple-hosting
If you already have an instance, but need to make it more powerful, for example to use our free SSL certificates, or for more or less power, you need to change its size.
How to Change the Size of Your Instance¶
To increase or decrease the size of your Simple Hosting instance:
- After logging in, click “Simple Hosting” in the left navigation menu.
- Click on the name of the instance you want to change.
- Under the instance plan size click “Change.”
- Select the new size.
- Click “Add to shopping cart.”
- Complete the checkout process to pay for the new size.
Please note that changing the size does not affect the quantity of disk space allocated to the instance. Click here to learn how to add disk storage space to your Simple Hosting instance.
How We Bill or Credit You for the Change¶
We calculate the price based on:
- The time remaining before the instance’s expiration.
- The size of the instance.
We therefore debit you any necessary difference if the new instance is bigger, or credit you if the new instance is smaller.