For questions regarding using API with #gandiv5, we recommend that you contact our support team while we are transitioning to our new website.
You can generate or regenerate your API key from your account security page:
- After logging in, click the down arrow next to your username in the top left corner.
- Scroll down and select “Change password & configure access restrictions.”
- Select Generate the API key if you have not yet generated an API key. Or, select “Regerate the API key” if you have already generated a key.
- Enter your account password.
- Click “Save.”
Please note that there is no OT&E environment yet, and our REST API is in BETA testing.
Using RESTful HTTP API with LiveDNS¶
In #gandiV5 you are able to make changes to your DNS Records using RESTful API.
Some of the features include:
- Bulk record management
- Linking the zone to multiple domains in your account
- Saving snapshots of your records and rolling back to a previous snapshot
You can find instructions for this API in the LiveDNS API documentation.
Legacy XML/RPC API¶
You can use our legacy API for most operations, however note that it is incompatible with managing DNS records on domains using our LiveDNS, as well as GandiMail. This API is best suited to users of our classic website.
You can find the LiveDNS you need by copying and pasting https://dns.api.gandi.net/api/v5/nameservers/yourdomainhere.com into your address bar, then replacing “yourdomainhere.com” with your domain name.