This tutorial will guide you through the installation of WordPress website on a Gandi Simple Hosting instance, step-by-step.
You can get an instance, and even a free trial, here!
To be sure that you get the right one for Wordpress, be sure to create one that:
- uses “PHP” and “MySQL”.
- has a size that will be sufficient to your needs. Note that if you want your WordPress website to be on a secure address (https) for free, you need to choose the Small+ size or greater.
The datacenter location does not have any relevance to your WordPress installation, so you may choose the location of your preference.
Remember your “Instance access password” carefully. This will be necessary for you to access your instance and to install WordPress.
Once your Simple Hosting instance has been created, you need to create a “Site” on it. This will correspond to the address of your WordPress website.
Note that the “site” must correspond to a domain name that you already own or manage.
Once your “Site” has been successfully created in your instance, you may proceed with the actual installation of WordPress.
To do this, go to the site that you just created (from the admin page of your Simple Hosting instance), and scroll down the page until you see “Install or manage WordPress”:
- copy the login number we show you on the right of the page,
- click on the button that says “Install or manage WordPress”,
- when asked, enter the login number you copied earlier, and the password you chose when you created your instance,
- choose the site on which you want to install WordPress (the one that you just created, NOT the one ending with “testing-url.ws”),
- click “Install the latest WordPress”.
The installation will take just a few seconds, and then you will be able to choose to “open WordPress” and follow the remaining steps needed to configure WordPress.